Our Community Involvement
Giving back is important to our team at Abrams EyeCare.
Here is a summary of some of the organizations we support or work with:
- Damar Services: Damar is a leading provider of services to people with developmental, behavioral, and intellectual disabilities. Abrams EyeCare has established the JJ Abrams Eye Examination Suite in memory of Dr. JJ Abrams' years of commitment and dedicated service to Damar clients. We continue JJ's work there by performing onsite eye examinations.
- Eva Kor Exhibit: from Auschwitz to Indiana: Eva Kor from Auschwitz to Indiana tells the remarkable story of Eva Mozes Kor, who survived Auschwitz as a child and the experiments of Dr. Joseph Mengele, and grew up to be one of the most influential Holocaust educators and activists in the world. The exhibit features never-before-seen artifacts and images, original film footage from award-winning documentarian Ted Green and several dynamic interactive elements. Abrams EyeCare is the sponsor of the virtual reality experience that transports visitors to Auschwitz and includes Eva’s own voice recounting her experiences there.
- Lions Club: Since 1917 the Lions Club focuses on improving health and well-being, strengthening communities, and supporting those in need through humanitarian services and grants. They have five global causes, including vision care. They serve to prevent avoidable blindness and improve quality of life for people who are blind or visually impaired. Abrams EyeCare collects glasses for donation for missions.
- Dropping Dimes Foundation: Founded by Dr. John Abrams and Scott Tarter, the Dropping Dimes Foundation, Inc. is an Indiana not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization. The main focus and concern is for the well-being and betterment of former players of the American Basketball Association and their families who have encountered significant financial hardship or sickness.
- The VisionWalk: Abrams EyeCare provides annual sponsorship to this event. Since its inception in 2006, VisionWalk has raised over $60 million to fund sight-saving research.
- Trinity Free Clinic: Our doctors volunteer at this clinic where we provide free eye exams and glasses. Trinity Free Clinic opened its doors in 2000 to provide quality free medical, dental, and health services to the uninsured, underinsured, and low-income residents of Hamilton County with the assistance of a professional, dedicated staff and volunteers.
- School Eye Exam Screenings: Abrams EyeCare provides free onsite eye screenings annually at Indianapolis-area schools.
- Abrams Academic Achievement Award: These annual awards are given in conjunction with Pacers Sports and Entertainment to recognize 10 area middle school students for academic achievement. They are selected by the school principal. The awardees attend a Pacers game with family and school mentors for a dinner and half court presentation. Each winner receives a laptop computer from Abrams EyeCare Associates.
See What Our Clients Have to Say